Fish Soup with Chorizo
A delicious hearty soup with chorizo and cod – which we love. Recipe and photo courtesy of ‘The Real Meal Revolution’ (Little, Brown) – released on 30th July 2015.
- 1 unearthed® Chorizo De Leon sausage, sliced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 knob butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 400ml tomato passata
- 3 cups fish stock
- 300g fresh cod, cut into cubes
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh oregano, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and sauté the chorizo for 3 – 4 mins.
- Add the onion, garlic and celery and continue to saute for 3 mins more.
- Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Stir in the passata and stock and simmer for 10 mins.
- Now, add the fish and simmer for another 5 mins (or until the fish is cooked).
- Stir in the chopped parsley and oregano, season with salt, pepper and the lemon juice and serve immediately.
- ** Recipe taken from The Real Meal Revolution (Little, Brown) **